Support Theatre Arts at Newton North High School
20-21 forms below!
Please read about Theatre Ink
-Family Sponsor and Donation Form here.
-For Lead Business Sponsorship/Business Sponsorship and Camp Ads here
Dear Parents, Friends & Supporters of Theatre Ink:
Theatre Ink, Newton North High School's Teaching and Working Theatre, has an ambitious program of 11 exciting productions for the 2020-2021 school year. More than 350 students participate each year in all aspects of the Theatre Ink program.
As a self-sufficient program, Theatre Ink depends upon contributions, sponsors and ticket sales to assure that the program continues.
The Theatre Arts Opportunities Committee, a parent organization, raises funds for ongoing program needs like costumes, sets, program rights, royalties, equipment, sound, lights, props, publicity, printing, Directors, Advisors, Artists-in-Residence and more. Theatre Ink has immediate needs to help improve the quality and safety of the theatre program.Some of the needs this year are:
- Upgraded microphones for sound enhancement;
- Wireless headsets (5-7) for productions;
- Theatrical materials and books for the theatre resource library;
- Costume and Prop storage bins for the costume room;
- Video Camera and Digital SLR Camera for all shows.
- Rolling curtained divider units
- Theatre Software for production, playwriting and production.
- Potential Equipment for the new school which might include furniture, lighting and sound equipment
- Funding to support expanded work-study opportunities for stage crew and arts management student positions
Please help support the program by your attendance at our productions and by supporting financially in any way that you can. No donation is too small -100% of all money raised will help the Theatre Ink program.
All contributions received will be listed in the Theatre Ink Program book to be distributed at performances of the musical!
sponsors and ticket sales to assure that the program continues.
- New equipment to help improve the quality and safety of the theatre program:
- New laptop for set, tech and sound production
- Continue to upgrade sound equipment and replace old or worn equipment
- Stage curtains & rigging for Little Theatre
- Scholarships and funds for end of year awards ;
- Purchase two more wireless headsets.
- Theatrical materials and books
- Costume, props and shop storage
- Video camera and Digital SLR Camera
- Funding to support expanded work-study opportunities for stage crew
and arts management student positions for all shows
- Theatrical software
- Theatrical materials and books
- Seating Platforms for the Little Theatre.
- Theatre software for production, playwriting and production
Theatre Arts Opportunities Committee
The Theatre Arts Opportunities Committee is a parent group which supports Newton North’s theatre program, Theatre Ink, through fundraising, building community awareness and volunteer participation. Our collaborative involvement contributes to the overall success and educational value of the theatre experience for the Newton North community. We support Theatre Ink’s teaching and working philosophy so the program can become stronger and better each year, building on its tradition of excellence. As a community of parent volunteers, we:
- Raise money through various fundraisers (bake sales at Theatre Ink productions, program book, contributions, etc.) to support specific needs of the program
- Facilitate the dissemination of information about the program through publicity, mailings and emails
- Promote a commitment to the teaching and working theatre model as a vital component
of a rich and diverse educational program
- Support the educational value of the theatre experience, which includes the artistic,
intellectual, social and emotional development of each student;
- Attend Theatre Ink productions and celebrate the success of all students who participate in Theatre Ink
- Sponsor the Drama Banquet in June;
Parents can get involved with Theatre Ink by contacting one of the co-chairs: